Preventative/Home Dental Care
There are several general guidelines which can provide a major boost to keeping your teeth and gums healthy.
- Brush your teeth at least twice daily with fluoride toothpaste and a soft bristled toothbrush
- When you brush, do so for two minutes in duration #2min2X
- Keep areas between your teeth clean with daily flossing or by using a water pik or water flosser
- Schedule routine visits and cleanings with your dentist. Generally these are twice yearly, although you may need three annual cleanings if you have periodontal issues.
- Follow a healthy diet which avoids regular intake of items high in sugar such as soda, some juices, sticky candies.
These basic tips can help you keep your smile bright and clean, and are some of the easiest (and least expensive!) ways to avoid cavities, periodontal disease and gingivitis.